Carpets can add amazing ambiance to any office or commercial premises. Dirty carpets, however, have the opposite effect. A dirty and rundown looking carpet will put any customer or investor off and can do some serious damage to your reputation if you have a business. Never fear, however! We have some carpet cleaning tips from the experts to help get your rugs and carpets back in shape.
Messes that are environmental involve bodily fluids such as wee, milk, blood or vomit – from humans or animals. Let’s hope that most of these don’t find their way onto your carpets, but just in case a person falls over in your carpet while holding a glass of milk, hits their head and urinates on your carpet, here’s what you need to do.
- Use an enzyme soap to make a paste.
- Put the paste thickly onto the affected area.
- Wipe off with water.
- Rinse and repeat at least three times until the stain is gone.
- Use a bit of white vinegar to combat any lingering smell.
The Bad Reds
Red wine falling from a wine glass towards a thick, cream or white carpet is the stuff of nightmares. Don’t pull your hair (and carpet) out in horror just yet though. Of course, the best thing to do is call cleaning business in Melbourne as soon as possible, but here’s what you can do to reduce the damage while you wait.
- Act quickly. The longer you leave it, the more it stains.
- Use a strong saltwater solution on the spot. This is more effective than plain salt.
- Dry the area with a clean cloth.
- Use a diluted solution of white vinegar in ratio of 1:3 on the stain.
Nail Polish And Ink
These stains are common in offices, and if you have brand new carpets installed, they can spell disaster. Follow these steps, however, and you may just save your floor:
- Get some pure acetone on the stain. Not nail polish remover, as it’s not pure enough and may actually make it worse.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Dry with a clean dry cloth.
Keep Ankars Commercial Cleaning Services on speed dial and none of the above will be a match for any stain you encounter.
Related tags: Commercial Building Cleaning Services